Iron Lung works for me!


Last week I went to the Harbour Bridge Pylon Lookout. It was the first time I had been up in the pylon and I can't believe that I live in such a beautiful city and have not explored it properly.

If you want a great view of the city and harbour but are a little wobbly at the thought of climbing the bridge (and would like an experience that is a little lighter on the purse) then I suggest the Pylon Lookout. Entry is only $9.50 and the 'climb' is 200 steps broken up into sections with a great museum about the history of the bridge over 3 levels (and a little shop of course). Then at the top is a magnificent view of the harbour. Photos of which I will put in a later post. On the way down I suggest you visit the little cinema that shows a short film on the making of the bridge. Wonderful footage and still shots. I never knew much about the bridge except how frustrating it is to be caught in traffic on it. But now I'm the wiser. The bridge was nicknamed the Iron Lung because it supplied jobs and basically kept the city functioning during the depression. To see some other shots I took of the bridge that day see here.

I drove back across the bridge on my way home feeling quite proud of our Iron Lung.

Comments

Popular Posts