Time to hunt for my Bing Crosby CD's



The Christmas decorations have made their appearance in departments stores again.  Actually it was late September when they arrived.  I know it's early but still, I get excited every time.  Christmas is my ultimate favourite time of the year.  I've started humming "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas" already and I've not yet finished daughter's Halloween costume.  Daughter and I have already spent hours wandering the decorations department of various stores.  I'm compiling lists and planning dinners.  I love it.  The only thing missing is snow.
Yes I do love the Aussie Xmas.  BBQ's on the beach with family, spending all day in my swimmers and falling asleep in Grandma's "holiday house" with sand still between my toes are a treasured childhood memory.  However when I first experienced a white Christmas back in 1999 I was hooked!  There is just something about it.  Yes it's cold, yes it's wet, but yes it's also magical.  Maybe it's because it's not a yearly occurrence for me, maybe it's because it's different to what I'm used to, or I watched too many Christmas specials as a child.  Whatever the reason - something about a white Christmas brings out the kid in me.  I see the Christmas lights on the snow and I'm in fairyland.
The above shots are from Sis-in-law's place a few years ago and every December I make them my desktop wallpaper.  Daughter and I have decided that next year is the year to do it again.  Another White Christmas.  It's a good thing too - I need new wallpaper.

Comments

Popular Posts