A little thrifting

 So far this year I have not bought anything new. I didn't deliberately  start out like that - I didn't make a new years resolution to be 'thrifty' so to speak.  However I (or rather we) have been severely bitten by the thrift store bug.  We've bought so much in clothes, accessories and furniture, that soon we will be able to completely redecorate our house (not to mention my wardrobe) in unusual thrifted items.

Here is a first glimpse at some furniture we bought.
We've been on the lookout for a bookcase for our daughter's ever increasing volume of books.  No luck so far but look what we found................

A fantastic coffee table.  Looks rather art deco but I'm sure it's a replica, probably made in the 1970's or 80's judging by the chipboard inside.

Fabulous little drawers on each side.  I thought I'd be able to fit all my letter writing gear in them but they are much smaller than I thought inside - no matter, I'm still in love with it.

And under the glass panel in the top I placed these lovelies I found at  Rozelle Market.
Australian Home Journal from the 1940's and 50's!  With the dress patterns still in them!!!!
Now all I need is a sewing machine..........

Comments

Popular Posts