Flicking and daydreaming.

Beautiful warm Autumn weather.  The forecast says it won't last.  So I took advantage of some Autumn sunshine, a coffee and a Aflresco Emporium catalogue I've been wanting to look through.

I love lanterns and candles.  Speaks to me of cosiness which is perfect for the coming winter.  I would love to decorate my deck with these.


With this setting on the table.  Ready for friends to pop around for coffee, wine or something to eat.


A page of red caught my eye.


I love bird cages.  Would I put candles in these, or just sit or hang them as they are?






"Island Life", said the title.  I'm not so much of an island girl, but did I tell you I love lanterns?





Another love is every day items from the past.  I like to show my daughter what people used before Microsoft Word.  Where would I put it?  I'm not sure.  Would I use it?  Probably not - I remember keys getting jammed and there are some things about the 21st century I can't do without.




I love lemons.  A happy colour, great for cooking, and I have jugs of iced lemon water on the table in summer.  A versatile little citrus.

And finally

Simply because I liked the effect of the shadow through the lattice on our deck.

Comments

  1. I wish it was fall here summer is almost here and I'm not too fond of summer haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Farrah. Summer is my least favourite season. Too hot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have a very high ceiling in my kitchen with a lot of space from the top of the cabinets to the ceiling. So, I have many (more than 12) birdcages I have collected sitting in the space.

    Also, I love candles and lanterns (lanterns with candles!) too. I have not thought about putting candles in the birdcages. Hummmm.....


    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genie I am envious. More than 12! I can't remember where I got the idea of putting candles in the cages from, I just remember really liking it ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts