Life getting you down? Make a cake!




A weeks rest and I'm back to working order.  Thank you for your lovely comments in my last post.  We had another curve ball thown at us this last week.  I'm getting rather tired of them.  When life threw us yet another , I did what any self respecting girl would do.  Reach for the drinks cabinet.  No no, not really, though that was a consideration.  I BAKED.  A chocolate honey cake by Nigella of course.  Recipe here.  So rich, so honey sweet, so CHOCOLATY!!!!  I wanted to make something from what I already had in the cupboard as I was too lazy to run down the to the store.  So no little marzipan bees on my cake - instead I toasted almond flakes and sprinkled them oh so artistically on and around the cake.  My sauce didn't sit so beautifully on my cake as Nigella's (it never does), but it did dribble deliciously between slices making it look like a pudding cake.  All I need now is a sherry..........................

Comments

  1. Sending hugs to you Debs. Your cake looks wonderful! What a recipe - yummo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs are always welcome :)
    And yes the cake was rather yum if I do say so myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would make anyone feel better! On the one hand it makes my mouth water, but on the other hand it's almost too beautiful to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Super. yummy. :) And i love almonds and chocolate. That cake looks like perfection to me.. and i hope it made you feel more up! Curve balls are not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both. It was rather delish and helped chase those curve balls away - for a bit anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts