A catchup, a concert, and a random pumpkin

I've been on holidays for almost a week now and have spent just about every second cleaning the house - with no results.  So today I'm going to accept that it will never be as I want and just enjoy the first day of my daughter's school holidays.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to catch up on my blogging.

A very belated Halloween pumpkin

Last week (or was it the week before?) we went to an 80's concert and saw Simple Minds, Devo and The Church (I'm showing my age).    I wanted to look a little funky, but not too 80's so The Jam t-shirts and dunlop volleys were out.   Instead plain t-shirt, jeans, jangly earings and what I now call my Marianne boots were the order of the evening.



I tried capturing the action on stage, but it was just too much of a grown up photo job for my little phone camera.  So I had fun shooting the action in the audience instead.  Nice to see Devo hats still around.



It was the boost I needed after a long and cranky day at work.

And I learned that it's still possible to chair boogy at - erm - not quite middle age, and after consuming a fair amount of wine - but only if one is wearing grippy boots.

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Good for you. Sometimes a fun night out is just the thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great way to end a very stressful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there- just found your little message on my blog and yes, I quite agree its time for a bit of ME time with a LARGE glass of something to hand and a good film to watch, so thats gonna be the order of this evening!
    Have a great holiday and hope to catch up again in 2013
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts