First post for 2013

Well, we're well in to the new year, hangovers have passed, and everybody is detoxing - wait - that was my previous life.

Our Christmas and new year was spent peacefully and happily with friends and food - so - much - food!
We're rested and (almost) ready to spring into 2013 with abandon and relish (which sounds like a sandwich or really cool names for pet fish - but I digress).

Today daughter wanted to hit the sales with her birthday and Christmas money from her Grandad, and a Smiggle gift voucher from a friend.  She looked like a mini me, strutting around the mall with her shopping bags,
only she has different hair colour
and skin tone
and eye colour
Well ok she looks like a mini version of her dad (but much prettier), but the attitude was all me!

The only thing I got was bobby pins for I was on the look out for cute accessories from the local thrift stores.

Plus also I caved about a week before Christmas and bought something NEW!  So I didn't quite complete my challenge of not buying "new" clothes until the end of the year, buy hey - it's cashmere and silk and was reduced and do I REALLY need to justify myself............................

Cashmere and silk sweater which looks naff on red chair but AWESOME on me!
Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year.
How did you celebrate?

Comments

  1. Happy New year, Debs! Looks like you'll be off to a good start with your new sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping it's an omen of good things to come (of the soft fabric kind)
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope! No need to justify yourself in the least. Beautiful sweater too. (I wouldn't have resisted either.) :) Happy New Year to you. And happy vintage shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to many more fabulous finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute how you talk about your daughter. It's so easy to tell you're proud of her :).

    $100 Asos Voucher Giveaway on 101 Fashion Street

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Anca - I am very proud of her :)

    Happy New Year to you too Marcella :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts