Light and shade

Last Thursday (yes a week ago today - I'm THAT behind in my blogging) was such a beautiful day.  I was struck by the completely blue sky.  I'd call it more Robin's Egg Blue than Sky Blue (probably because I just love the name).


I took some photos because I just loved the stark outline of suburbia against a perfect sky.  I then got entranced in the whole light/shade thing and took photos of trees and the water as it lap lapped against the stone wall.





I decided to finish with a contrasting photo of the muted shades of my clothes against the bold red of the couch (silly facial expression was an optional extra).

Happy Valentines Day - and for those who don't celebrate it - Happy Thursday.

Comments

  1. I'm with you on the Robin's Egg Blue name. Great pics, a lovely one of you. What a fab bike your hubbby found for you. I have a blue bike too which I think I may be able to get away with calling it Robin's Egg Blue.

    Happy Valentine's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Une jolie publication.
    Je vous souhaite une joyeuse Saint-Valentin... avec de gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue sky, and i miss it so these days! Alas, we won't have it here until June or July.. being in the other hemisphere and all. :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carla. I got the Robin's Egg Blue from Mary :)

    Merci bien Martine Alison. I hope you had a lovely Valentines day too. :)

    Have faith Mary, you'll have blue skies soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts