Ukeleles, suitcases and sensible shoes

On Tuesday night (see, I'm catching up) hubby and I went with friends to The State Theatre to see the Ukelele Orchestra Of Great Britain.  While I had conjured in my mind's eye an image of a stage full of Tiny Tims in Hawaiian shirts plinking away to the strains of Tiptoe Through The Tulips, and was reluctant to go, the thought of a night at The State Theatre was too tempting.

The weather is horrible and muggy at the moment, so a cool-but-still-nice-for-the-theatre dress was called for.  Ballet flats added a casual touch.  How sad that no-body seems to dress up any more - I've seen torn jeans at the Opera House -I long for the days when going to the theatre was considered a treat and people took a bit more effort with their attire. 

Hubby took us to dinner at Gowings Bar and Grill in the new QT Hotel (click on the first picture link for a little promo video) that's just opened up right next to the theatre, in the old Gowings Building (little video shows old footage and interior of new hotel).  I fell in love with the walls of retro paraphernalia.

  (I have a new phone and am still getting used to it's camera - having lots of fun with the different effects)






The orchestra was nothing like I'd envisaged, and I was pleasantly surprised.  It was an hilarious evening.




Comments

  1. I'm glad you had a great time! It sounds like a fun evening.. and i agree with you about the dressing up. My husband and i have gone to opera, symphony and theater quite a few times here in Portland, and people seem WAY under dressed to me. If i'm not careful, i'll overdress compared to everyone else...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I always say it's better to over dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The restaurant photos are quite a step back in time! Very authentic. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was. I am having thoughts of creating this look in my lounge room - wonder what hubby would think of that..........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts