First whiff of spring

On Monday morning, whilst walking from the car to work, I caught the first whiff of Spring.
It was a beautiful sunny, warm late Winter morning, I'd already had a compliment about my shoes from a passing jogger, and I was feeling quite wonderful for a Monday.


"Oh that florist smells just divine" I thought to myself.  Then I realised I was walking past a school.
When it dawned on me that I had just had my first Spring olfactory experience for the year, *my feelings went  up even further.  I skipped across the road, smiling and waving at amused (or should that be bemused) commuters.



Unfortunately the weather didn't hold and became incredibly windy (the people losing their roofs and being injured by flying trees type of windy).


But I caught the whiff again when picking daughter up from school.  And this time I was able to follow the whiff to a clump of jasmine just opening its eyes from it's Winter slumber.  "Hello Spring!!" I wanted to shout, realising just in time that again I was outside a school and was walking with a Tween Daughter who seems to be embarrassed by me at times.  Goodness knows why........

Photo from Howallpaperes



* It makes my feelings go up was a phrase coined by Daughter at about the age of 2 and a half, when she was explaining that something made her happy.  The phrase has stuck ever since.

Comments

  1. Spring is my favorite time of year. It "makes my feelings go up" too. (I love that phrase!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love any new season, just the change of scenery makes me happy. Saying good bye to winter is an added bonus. Very cheery post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great phrase isn't it? I love the things that small children say :)

    I do love Winter, but the change of the seasons always makes me happy too. Good to have a change.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts