Flu, finals, french tests and flights

All of the above have been keeping me away from the computer of late.

I had wonderful plans for May, and was going to post about it ages ago.
My goal for the month of May was to sort all the cupboards in the house.

I got as far as the wardrobe and upstairs bathroom - and then it all came grinding to a halt.

A French test was looming on the horizon and I needed to prepare.
Well I can pop on a quick post about my fabulous plans for fuss free cupboards and storage after the test, I promised myself.......................

Arriving home feeling victorious after my sweaty swatting, I sneezed.
And immediately I felt like I was one of the little brown piles that the puppy hides as surprises around the garden.

A week of flu, however mild,  is still enough to stop all further plans for organised housewifey glory.  When I'm not dragging myself most unglamorously to work, I'm lying in bed honking into a hanky.  I try to cheer myself up by thinking about how bad I would have been if I didn't have that flu shot and that at least I'm getting a chance to read more of those books I've been meaning to read, but I still must admit that it's a very boring way to spend Mothers Day.

During those proceedings was the finals of Eurovision.
Well what more can I say?
Took my mind off my nose for a while anyway.

Now I'm slowly creeping back towards health, however I am a little concerned.
I'm supposed to fly up North next weekend to celebrate a milestone birthday (no not mine).
I don't think that books and thoughts of Eurovision are enough to sustain me.

I hope the antibiotics work.

As for the cupboards......................

Comments

  1. oh that nasty flu, hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google traduction aurait bien besoin de passer un "French test".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oui :D it has given me some odd answers in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts