Paradise between the pages

The ancient archives awaited
Waited for centuries to hear my timid footsteps on the stone floor.
Finally I was here



I peered through the window and saw a fantastic world of opportunity and adventure
Of science fiction and fantasy
of romance and intrigue
mystery and danger



I pushed through the doors and entered heaven





I found myself in a world of stories, a world of knowledge,
a world of books



I'm not sure when I'll return home so don't wait up................


State Library of NSW, Sydney - February 2014



Comments

  1. Nice. The thing about libraries is all that human endeavour and knowledge in one place; quite awesome sometimes. But they don't do beer, which can be a drawback. Many (belated) happy returns, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. I don't think beer in libraries would work - cocktails however would be another story.......

      Delete
  2. Wow... what an incredible library that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly is William. I wish I could go there more often :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts