A slice of Germany in South Australia (or Alice falls down a well and lands in Oktoberfest)

Following on from my dance amongst the floating noggins,
I proceeded outside to explore.

And like every good exotic cheese induced dream, there was a magic well just outside my door.
Of course I leaned too far............


I landed with a flub on top of a mole in lederhosen .
He threw a sausage at me and sped away on a bizarre contraption.


I followed (well wouldn't you?) and found myself in a beautiful village.
The strains of yodeling hit my ears and everyone was dancing in the streets.
Bavarian beauties were balancing beers and puppets paraded pompously.
Yet there was not an Alp to be seen.
Curious and curiouser.

 



However due to an absence of open cafes and pharmacies (the vendors all indulging themselves in a good rendition of the chicken dance) and a distinct lack of a suitable place to recline,


I instead joined a befuddled little man in an oversized hat, a crazed rabbit and a comatose rodent for a feast of blutwurst, weisswurst, liverwurst, knackwurst, Conchita Wurst, wurstwurst, vienna sausage and sauerkraut.


I decided my next quest would be to locate antacids.........


Hahndorf, South Australia - September 2014

Comments

  1. One wouldn't need to eat for a couple of days after such an outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lots of fun, but i can also see how it could be a little indigestion inducing. :) Hope you found an open pharmacy for the remedy. Beautiful photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. William: I do admit that I found a marinated feta and a honey that I still dream about.

    Mary: It's a lovely place and one I intend to return to.

    Linda: Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post...and a fun time you had, really enjoyed your narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est Alice au pays des merveilles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann: Thank you. We had a lot of fun.

    Alain: Oui très bien :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour,

    Un très joli reportage... Je viens de passer un excellent moment en votre compagnie ! Je prendrais bien aussi une tasse de thé !

    Gros bisous ❊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonne compagnie et bonne thé. C'est parfait! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts