Triumphal arch.


Arc de Triomphe
Built between 1806 and 1836 (with a small pause in the middle of construction due to the abdication of Napoleon) to honour those who fought for France,
in particular those who fought in the Napoleonic wars.

It has also been the final resting place of The Unknown Soldier since the 1920's.




You need a ticket to enter, or if you've purchased a Paris Pass the entry will be included.

Lots of stairs in a tight curving staircase, but there is a lift for those who can't manage.


The view is worth the climb.







And traffic was surprisingly sparse,



And the annoying blurred effect in all the photos (including those of the Musée d'Orsay in the last post, was my fingerprint on the lens.  Only took hubby a second to fix it after I put up with it for 2 days before complaining that I couldn't figure out my new camera)

Arc de Triomphe, Paris - June 2015


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yes very much worth the climb and fee. There is a very interesting museum inside it too.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous view indeed! Definitely worth the climb. And I love the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your new header picture too ...

    Great views - thanks for sharing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It's a photo I took in Zurich. Such a beautiful place.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts