A day steeped in history.

Let us take a trip back in time my friends,
to a fortress built a millennium ago.



Our friendly guide will show us sights


and we will see some men in tights



and perhaps the odd crossbow.


There are many rooms to explore my friends
and accommodation is quite cosy.





Places to ponder,



Corridors to wander,



However the facilities are rather - errr - blowsy.


Such merriment to be had my friends.
Laughter, rhetoric and japes.



We can play hide and seek,



 or converse with a Queen.


All over the place we shall traipse.




But 'tis not all fun and games my friends.
This place has a dark past.


Kings have met sticky ends,



Queens have lost heads,


 And a boat ride may be your last......









The Tower Of London - June 2015

Comments

  1. So intriguing and full of history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour chère amie,

    Vos photos sont irrésistibles... Un petit séjour qui ne manque pas d'intérêt...
    Un lieu qui a une âme. Merci pour la visite.

    Bisous ❀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. j'ai voulu rester toute la journée :)

      Delete
  3. I have seen and read so many things about the Tower but never seen it in person myself. It's a spot so steeped in history that I would love to be there in person to see and learn about the kings, queens and princes who met their fates there firsthand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my London highlight, being the history nerd that I am. You could stay for days and still not learn everything. It is quite humbling being in a place where so many historically important things happened.

      Delete
  4. Excellent shots! I'd love to visit the Tower someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a place I will definitely revisit and recommend.

      Delete
  5. Great series! I have very fond memories of touring here with my family in 2004. I hope I can go back someday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts