Boboli Gardens

A hot day in Florence.
An unhappy hubby.
I suggested a walk in the Boboli Gardens.




Being Summer it was a sea of green.
Not a Spring bloom in sight.
Hubby became even more unhappy at the lack of colour.





I didn't mind.
I know gardens change from season to season.
I was happy to explore the famous garden, said to inspire the garden at Versailles.





I'd researched a bit about these gardens, said to be the greatest outdoor art gallery in the world,
and I wanted to explore.
I heard about beautiful sculptures, fountains and grottoes. 






But we didn't find them.
We didn't get very far in before it became plainly obvious that my poor beloved was not having a good time.
And what he really needed was a coffee and somewhere to sit.


It was a bit disappointing.


But some day I may get back.


Boboli Gardens, Florence - July 2015

Comments

  1. A nice set of photos! Hope your husband feels better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not a good morning for him, but the day got better :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like a beautiful area to wander... and get lost in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have got blissfully lost for the whole day. Next time :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts