Well here I go


Just finished a picture I've been working on for over a month. Not much to look at but I only seem to get 5 minutes here or 10 minutes there to draw. I've been after a painting to put up in my newly refurbished bathroom and someone suggested that I do something myself. Should look ok. The photo I took didn't do it justice but my scanner isn't working.
You can actually see a glimpse of the printout of the original here. The artist was a very independent woman in the 1920's but her name escapes me. I found it when I was using google images to find something pretty I could draw for my bathroom. I hope the copyright police don't beat down my door, but I figured that as it's just for my little bathroom and not for sale (heavens who would by my doodles anyway) then no-one would mind.

Comments

  1. Adventures, how lovely!! The shadings are wonderful, and it's a beautiful choice for a bathroom, too. It's odd, a bunch of your posts only just came up in my reader ~ I'm so sorry that I missed this when you posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops sorry from me too. I only just saw a comment on this post.
    Thank you for your kind comment. It's great getting feed back from a fellow artist lol. I actually have a lot of drawings in my little sketch book going back the last few years that look kind of similar to your style. But this time I went back to my old style for the bathroom so to speak. I'll post one one day to show you. And I still haven't forgotten the cat pic :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts