Ommmmmmmohforgetit!

The illustration is one I did a couple of years ago. I copied it from a pic I saw on one of my favourite websites. Note Couture in the Carrie collection. Wonderful stationary I highly recommend it. I don't know who the artist is but I love this style. I find it so easy to draw and it's a type of meditation in itself (in a way). Hence I have a note pad full of these little doodles.

I've been trying to meditate every day since my last meditation lesson almost a week ago. Our "homework" was to meditate for 15 minutes a day and to practice patience with anything that irks us. Seeing as I live with a man who is nothing but irksome this has been quite some challenge. At first I tried not to get miffed at anything for an hour. Just an hour, and then the plan was to extend it a little each day. I lasted 3 days before I forgot about it altogether. At the end of each day I realised "Dang, I forgot to practice patience".

Then of course I have the problem with getting impatient with meditation. It's not the actual meditation that I have difficulty with, in fact I rather like the concept. It's the trying to get my manic mind to be still and to focus on my breathing that's the problem. And I'm not even thinking of anything important. "Empty my mind. Relax. Breath in breath out breath in breath out I wonder if I'll make roast chicken tonight - breath in breath out I really enjoyed that episode of The Tudors last night I wonder if IQ has recorded any more yet - breath in breath out I can't believe what that SOB barked at me today, I hope his computer blows up - breath in breath out...................."and so it goes on. I have managed to last ohhhhhh about 9 minutes before giving up in utter frustration.

I know - I'll practice patience at my lack of discipline to meditate. Thank heavens my next lesson is tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts