10th Anniversay of Sydney Olympics

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the opening of the Sydney Olympic Games.  I wanted to post something to celebrate but couldn't find a photo to suit.  Then whilst filling up the car with petrol this morning I spied this beauty.  It reminded me of what I liked best about the olympics.  I remember the place being filled with excitement and colour.  I met so many happy people from all over the world and felt proud that they were enjoying my city.  I especially loved being chatted up by some very nice Brazilian men.  But what I liked most about having the 2000 Olympics here was that, for the first - and only - time in my memory, Sydney public transport ran with Swiss-like precision.  During those 2 weeks getting around Sydney by public transport was a breeze.  Oh how I miss those days........

Comments

Popular Posts