Monday Musings. A shutterbug's dilemma.

There are certain advantages to having only my phone as a camera.  It's small enough to fit in my pocket for instance, and therefore can be grabbed at a second's notice to take a photo when the whim takes me - like the photo taken at Circular Quay above.  However there are certain disadvantages too.  For example, I feel this photo would look much more effective if I was able to blur the background, and hence making the detail on the wonderful railing stand out.  The camera on my phone does have many settings and I'm sure if I played with it long enough (or found the instructions) I may be able to do it.  But when the photo taking whim posseses me I don't really want to stand around fiddling with my settings.  Maybe I should just invest in a proper -but easy to use - camera and some photography lessons......

Comments

  1. I wouldn't mind lessons myself. But I do have a large camera, and I'm always wishing it was small enough to carry easily...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I do find that easier. Maybe I should just find tutorials for phone cameras ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts