Honour The Animals That Feed Us!

Let me tell you now.  I am a meat eater.  In fact sometimes I love nothing more than a juicy steak with gravy and mashed potato.
However I am also an animal lover and just the thought that an animal could be senselessly tortured and brutalized before being killed for its meat appalls me.
I love food.  I love sourcing it, cooking it and eating it.  I love organic fruits and vegetables and I like knowing that my meat was treated humanely when still alive.  The images I saw on 4 Corners last night was the stuff nightmares are made of.  I won't go into details - the images are still too raw in my head and I can't even bring myself to say it let alone type it.
However I have signed online petitions and sent letters to my local MP's asking - begging - them to approach Parliament about banning live export of our livestock to countries that have no idea or even inclination to treat beef cattle, or any other livestock, humanely.  I won't be stopping there.  I will be writing to the PM and contacting Animal Welfare to find out what else I can do.  I'm an average Australian citizen with no power to change the world - but if enough of us 'nobody's' get together, who knows what we can achieve.

Comments

  1. Just read that abc article; too gruesome and awful for words. I'm proud of you ( and don't mean that to sound condescending) for taking a stand. Keep us posted on your efforts to make an end to this. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I must admit I have not felt this passionately about something for a long time. The signatures and letters were supposed to be presented to parliment last week but so far I've not heard any updates. I'm always checking though so will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was stгange. I just ѡrote an really long comment but after
    I clicked submit my commеnt didn't show up. Ԍrrrr...
    well I'm not writіng all that over again. Regardless, just աanted to sɑy eҳcellent blog!



    My webpage derm exclusive reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Сan I simply say wɦat a relief to uncover somеboɗy that genuinely understands what they are talking about over the іnternet.
    You certainly гealize how to bring a problem to light and maҝe it important.

    More and more people have to check this out and understand
    this ѕide of your story. It'ѕ surprising you aren't more popular given that you definitely have the gіft.


    Here is my websіtе ... derm exclusive collagen renew supplement review

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts