Shopping on ice?

During the semester break our local mall has put up a temporary ice rink.  Not quite of the caliber of the rink in front of the Hotel De Ville, but still a lot of fun for the kiddies (and some of us older folk).  I must admit I had a new respect for Eric who sometimes waits for ages for the perfect shot.  I thought my hands were going to freeze off while trying to get a photo where no kid's faces were showing (even then I had to pixelate a couple of faces to be sure).



This is the first time that I've seen something like this in our area for the Winter holidays.  I don't know if the Northern Beaches have caught the Winter Wonderland bug from Bondi , or if this is just something to give exhausted parents a rest (it's situated right next to a coffee lounge - perfect).  Either way it was a good and relatively cheap way to amuse the ankle biters for half an hour.

Comments

  1. A Manille cette année j'ai pu voir une patinoire dans un centre commercial. Un excellent compromis pour satisfaire les enfants et les parents lorsqu'on fait les achats...
    Belle capture photographique.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci. Oui c'est très pratique pour moi. ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i'd like it too, and i'm (very) far from being an ankle biter, lol. But the coffee lounge sounds more grownup and equally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And excellent for keeping ones mitts warm while waiting for said ankle biters haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts