Thrifting at the opera

 Last night we went to the Opera House to see the daughter sing in the Festival of Choral Music - Endeavour Concert.
700 public school children from around NSW performing to various school bands and ensembles.
700 angelic voices.
Thank goodness for waterproof mascara!

Drinkies during intermission overlooking the harbour - tres posh!



I was looking uber chic in my thrifted dress (shh don't tell anyone)





 I took some snaps of the concert hall during intermission when the kiddies were having a break, and hubby took some very artistic close-ups of the Opera House sails.










An extremely long and exciting day.  Daughter had been in rehearsals at the Opera House since 10:30 that morning - and had no voice by the time we left.

I had no issues with that...................


Comments

  1. Wow, I've never seen the opera house from the inside before. How beautiful! And congratulations to your daughter. What a great experience for her and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful experience for your daughter and for you! And what a magnificent setting. :) I love your thrifted dress, btw. So pretty and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both very much :)
    It was an amazing night and an experience my daughter won't forget. People commented on my shimmery dress but I didn't tell ;)
    Hubby also took a couple of close ups of the opera house sails which I forgot to add to the original post but have fixed that now. (oops)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoroughly wonderful looking opera house. Up until this past spring my husband and I had been living in Toronto (for six years) and though there actually wasn't a great deal I loved about that city (it had its good points, yes, but also a great many shortcomings, to my mind), one thing we both adored was its superb opera house, where we had the go fortune of attending two operas (including a showing of Madame Butterfly, that was excellent). Now we live in a small town on the other side of country with no opera house around these parts, and I must say, I do miss having one nearby for those rare occasions when a trip to see a performance might be in the cards.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand what you mean. I really haven't taken advantage of our wonderful opera house, only going there about 3 times in the last 10 years. I am going to rectify that and go more often. I must admit that I'm pleased with how the colour came out in the photos of the concert hall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts