A christmas wish

I've been meaning to post for a few days now, but my heart wasn't in it since I heard tragic news of the loss of so many sweet babies, as well as the loss of brave teachers who put the lives of their small charges before their own.  As you know I don't often comment on world events, unless it's something that has affected me so much that I can't keep silent about it. 

This is one of them.

I could go on about gun laws and the need for change, but I won't.  That's already being debated and people don't need my 2 cents.  But if we could just love each other a little more..............

At this time of year we all hear about peace on earth and good will to all men - are they just words?  As I type, the first funerals have already been held.  The first of so many.   My whole heart goes out to the families who lost an angel and to those families of the teachers, who must be feeling a mixture of pride and desperate grief.  To the children who survived, but who would be utterly traumatised, and to the community as a whole.  My love to all of you.

Tomorrow I will go back to my usual posting, but for now my Christmas wish this year is that the people of Newtown, Connecticut somehow find a little comfort.

And that we all love each other a little more................

Comments

  1. Yours is a wonderful sentiment. Hopefully something positive will come of this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. We need to spread the love and emotional support. Love is what really counts. At this time of year and every other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts