Thoughts for 2013

Well school holidays are almost done and we're all prepared for daughter's final year of primary school (yikes!).  Hubby is back at work and I've started a brand new job.  We're into the new year all good and proper now.
We had a full year last year, some things I've written about here, and some I haven't.  I started a couple of great projects last year and am looking forward to continuing them this year.
1. I became a Friend of The Cavalcade of History and Fashion late last year, and look forward to spending regular time helping out in the parlour with photographing and cataloging and storing the wonderful garments.
2. I put my dream of speaking fluent French into action last year and enrolled in French Beginners 1 with my Glamorous Neighbour.  GN and I are continuing with Beginners 2 and start soon - Can't Wait!

But now it's time for some more thinking and remodeling.
My wardrobe always springs to mind.  I had another clean out in late Spring and want to restock with some more vintage goodies - but that will have to come later.......

I think a family holiday should be on the cards, or at least some weekends away - but maybe this time we'll leave Sydney behind and explore rural New South Wales?
However, that said, I also want to attend more Sydney events and fully explore my home town - meet new people and learn about where I live.

I'd like to explore food, try new recipes, experiment with tastes.
And I think exploring new coffee flavours would be fun this year.............

I want to reorganise the house - in particular the kitchen.  And buy some hats.

I've been playing with different make up and hair styles and just rediscovering my girlishness.  But my make up storage is messy and I need a solution.

I want to get a proper grown up camera for blog photos.  My phone has been great - but I would like to take more professional shots.  And speaking of my blog - I need to organise my time and set aside time each week for regular posting - I'm a little too haphazard lately.

But first - my garden - my refuge - my sanctuary.   Our back garden is a mess as usual, but our front had become a wonderful overgrown paradise.
believe it or not there is a garden chair in there somewhere.....
It looked rather enchanting, but I knew that if left for another month, it would become a wilderness.  Plus this heat had given some bushes a right beating - in particular my lavender and tibouchina (though my rosemary is thriving).


So out come the secateurs and pruning shears much to hubby's dismay (he still doesn't get that in order to get a healthy bush and beautiful blooms next year one must prune at the end of season).  I'm a bit late in the season, but the dead foliage must be removed for the new growth to come through.  And my stoney path has disappeared under grass!!!  However I did make some pleasant discoveries as I was clipping and hacking.  Wild strawberries and pretty purple flowers had made our front garden their home.  And I'm happy to let them stay.


How's your new year shaping up?

Comments

Popular Posts