Lessons from Madame Chic

Hubby brought home a book for me a while back.  (He does these things now and again, sweet man)
Lessons From Madame Chic: 20 stylish secrets I learned while living in Paris, by Jennifer Scott.


I've read it twice!
Jennifer writes about her experiences and observations while spending a year as a student in Paris.
Her year was full of AH-HA! moments about style, grooming, eating, exercising and life in general.
She learnt many things from observing her host family, Famille Chic (in particular Madame Chic) and also from Madame Bohemienne.
Jennifer writes with such warmth and humour, and is so down to earth that one can relate to almost all her stories.
She now writes a blog, The Daily Connoisseur, which has been added to my list of favourites.

I've taken a lot of this book to heart, not because I want to appear sophisticated and continental (though that would be nice), but because I realised that if I followed the guidelines in each chapter, it would make those areas of my life so much simpler.

I started with the first couple of chapters (bien sur) about eating, Snacking Is Not Chic, and Deprive Yourself Not, and have been trialling it for about a month.  I won't list all Jennifer's hints, because I feel she explains it so much better, but these are my findings.

  • By making sure I eat 3 meals of good food a day I find I don't crave snacks so much.
  • By having a healthy snack (for those times I do want one) I have more energy.  A banana will keep me going longer than a chocolate, and an apple keeps me more awake at my desk than a coffee.
  • I crave junk food less.  In fact on some occasions it's made me feel ill.
  • I still have treats and desserts, I'm just satisfied with less.
  • By making sure I sit down and eat my meal (or snack), I enjoy it a whole lot more than when I ate on the run or stood at the kitchen bench.
  • By not flopping in front of the couch with my plate I no longer spill half my meal on my clothes.
  • My skin is improving from drinking more water.
  • My pants fit me better.
  • And I suffer from the umm err vapours less.
I've also been trying her advice about exercise for the last couple of weeks and will write about that soon.  In the meantime - bon appetite!

Comments

  1. Bonjour,

    Une bonne façon que de vivre bien et mieux ! je ne dirai pas le contraire !...
    Un livre sans doute très amusant à lire...
    Gros bisous à vous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci martinealison. Je suis heureux que vous acceptez. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks madameshepard.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. shopecocbd are a specialized supplier of 100% organic CBD products for people and pets, our products are produced from plants in Europe. Our products are manufactured under laboratory supervision. Through these laboratory studies, we remain within the legal standards for the production of our CBD oil, which means that the 0.2% THC content is not exceeded.

    Our mission is to offer a 100% organic product at a fair price that can offer you and your beloved pets any health benefits. We do not make health claims, if you have health problems, always communicate with your health practitioner. In our blog we spread the word with up to date information about eventual cbd benefiths and legalization.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A motivating discussion is worth comment. I do believe that you ought to publish more on this subject matter, it might not be a taboo subject but typically people don't talk about such issues. To the next! All the best!!
    Gay friendly hotels in Berlin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts