Some new things - and bug that won't go away!

Well I'm up to day 12 of having a sore chest and breathing issues.  Just when I thought I was getting better, I had another attack during French class, and had to leave early.  Another day off work and a CT scan later, and we're still no closer to finding out what the heck is wrong with me.  Thank goodness I have an understanding boss.

But to cheer me up, I've been given a couple of small gifts from the heart.

 
Everyone here has Gatsby fever (I guess it's because the scenes of the front of Jay Gatsby's mansion were filmed locally) and I would like to see the movie.  If only for the fabulous costumes - I just adore 1920's fashion!  However I thought I really should read the book before seeing the film.  So hubby bought me a copy to read in bed (along with lots of coffee).

 
Also a sweet little gift from Glamorous Neighbour.  We've been neighbours for quite some years now, but our mutual love of all things French has made us good friends these last couple of years.  In fact I now consider her one of my closest friends. 
I've been rather distressed at my lack of understanding all the dang rules of the French language, this combined with my feeling like something the puppy buried in the garden - and I was ready to throw in the towel.  But Glamorous Neighbour came to the rescue with encouragement, helping me with study, and buying me little gifts like a special notebook to put my study notes in, and the little reminder you see above, reminding me to just stop and enjoy the little things.

These things, along with the cute attention that puppy gives,

 
 
And pretty sunsets to admire from my window,
 


and I feel like I'm on the road to recovery.

Well almost......................


Comments

  1. I hope you feel better soon, and your doctor figures out what you have that's making you feel awful. So nice you have the book to read. That would make me feel a little better too. And puppy love! Well, that ALWAYS does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon dear Debs. Sending big hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour,
    Je suis désolée d'apprendre que vous n'allez pas bien. J'ose espérer que tout va aller mieux très vite.
    Merci pour le partage de ces belles photos.
    Je vous souhaite encore un prompt rétablissement.
    Gros bisous à vous et bonne fête à tous les papas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get well soon. It's terrible being ill and not knowing what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely messages. I'm much better now and am almost back to normal. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts