Le 14 juillet

It's Bastille Day! 
Doesn't mean much to us here in Australia - however there are a few diehard Francophiles around and we like to celebrate in our small way.

Me - I marked the occasion by wearing my favourite Picasso top that I bought from the Art Gallery of NSW of all places. 

I didn't wear it like this however (a little too cliché - this was taken last year at an international party for daughter's birthday- I went as France of course).

No, I wore my top more like this

Pic from Messes of Dresses
 

and summoned up my inner goddess - complete with head band and sultry look.  Well, ok, not the look.  Only Bridget can pull that one off.  Trouble was, I was so busy working my look that I forgot to take a photo.  Never mind, I'm sure you'd much rather see Bridget ;)

Now I guess that I should have spent the day eating croissant with my good friend and fellow Francophile, Glamorous Neighbour, but she was busy walking across the Harbour Bridge with her current house guest from PARIS!!!!!!!  I shall call her La Parisienne!  (I haven't seen much of GN these last couple of weeks - helloooo over the fence - hellooooooo, but I'm hoping to catch up with GN and LP on Tuesday for some café and a little practice in speaking French).

So I spent a lovely day shopping for some clothes for hubby.

Just as nice :)


Comments

  1. Lovely photo of you, Debs! Including the beret ~ in for a penny, in for a pound, I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)
      should that be in for a euro?

      Delete
  2. Très belles photos...
    J'ai souvent rencontrée Brigitte Bardot lorsque je vivais à Saint-Tropez...
    Une belle personne.

    Joli tee-shirt! bien estival...
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oui, elle est très aimable envers les animaux

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts