Retro daydreams

Don't you sometimes wish you could be transported back to another time?

Sometimes I dream of living in a modern (for its time) and stylish and oh so chic 1950's or 1960's house.

I would wear pretty floral dresses and mix cocktails for my husband when he comes home from work at the advertising agency.  We would sit on our stylish deck and I would listen meekly as he berates me for using my magical powers and speaks ill of my mother............
Hmm...........



I have been watching too many episodes of Bewitched...............

Or I would be a teenager, listening to records and lying on the rug, twirling my hair around my finger as I talked for hours and hours with my girlfriends.  And dream that that cute surfer boy would someday notice me............



I have been watching too many episode of Gidget.................

I would whip up delicious meals that would feed a small country, with a half hours notice, while remaining cool calm and oh so poised without a hair out of place.




I've been watching too many episodes of Leave It To Beaver....................

I would sit my Master in a chair and serve him drinks and cater to his every whim when he came home from a day of drama and high-jinks at NASA.



Ok - I have been watching waaaaay too many episodes of I Dream Of Genie!

Hmmmm - I think I'll stick to my 21st century house and on Friday nights sip a glass of white on the deck as my daughter chats to her friends on Skype and  hubby orders takeaway.

And stop watching old re-runs on tv.........................


Photos taken at Rose Siedler House in August 2013

Comments

Popular Posts