A sailor's woe

The sailor was troubled.
His Captain ordered him to find the Mermaid's pearl comb.
Or to die trying.
It was extremely rare, he said,
and possessed tremendous power.


With it he - The Captain - would rule the seven seas and become the Pirate King!
(and it would look fabulous in his curly wig)


The sailor staggered along miles of beach, looking for a sign of the mermaid.
He began to lose hope.
And then at last he spied her playing on the beach.


"My jeweled comb?" she said, "Why not?  Here take this one, I have a trunk full at home".



Coolum Beach, Queensland - May 2014

Comments

  1. Pearly combs must be a dime a dozen on the ocean floor! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts