The Pantheon


Ancient yet ageless


Michelangelo is said to have described it as the work of angels not humans.


We drank coffee in the shadow of greatness.


And did a spot of people watching
(and spied a lovely Italian nonna doing the same thing - 3rd building from the left, 4th window down)


I wonder what she was thinking?


We left the heat and crowd and entered the cool interior 


and found more crowds.
 

But oddly it was still 


And incredibly peaceful




 The Pantheon, Rome - July 2015



Comments

  1. Magnificent shots of an incredible place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was. And the people watching was great too :)

      Delete
  2. Bonjour chère amie,

    Merci pour ce délicieux moment passé avec vous avec ces sublimes photos.

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are just magnificent! What a wonderful journey -- truly, you make me want to hop the plane and join you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Pantheon when we visited. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember visiting, but it wasn't as busy as in your shots! Rome is such a wonderful city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We visited Rome in 2009, and your photos bring back great memories! Rome is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ROME. Thanks for sharing photos from the beautiful old city.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts