The Vatican - Part 3

Did you ever wonder why ancient Roman statues have those hollow spooky eyes?

It's because they actually had glass eyeballs in them.


It gives a whole new look to the sculpture.
Suddenly the statues seem to come alive.
(Sorry for the dark photo - no time to adjust my camera)


More beautiful ceilings.


And more crowd shots.


I lot of the walls had amazing tapestries that seemed to change perspective as you walked past.



 And as with everywhere we went, there was some restoration work going on.




 To be continued ..............

The Vatican, Rome - July 2015








Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate each and every one and will do my best to reply. I do apologise for the comment moderation I've been forced to put into place thanks to Mr Dark's spamming. It was not so much the spamming that bothered me - it was his appalling grammar.

Popular Posts